VicTech currently have team members at numerous Hazardous Area facilities in which we help classify, design, install, inspect and maintain Hazardous Facilities. The VicTech Hazardous Area team have successfully planned, managed and executed a number of Hazardous Area Shutdowns for valued clients including Lochard Energy, Viva Energy and Malteurop Australia. Having Hazardous Area Engineering and Trade capabilities allows the VicTech team to deliver design, classification, inspection, installation and maintenance activities without gaps and in the most cost effective manner.
Hazardous Area Experience
The VicTech team are qualified to design for the regulatory standard:
- AS/NZS 60079.14:2009 Explosive atmospheres
- Electrical installations design, selection and erection.
Engineering provided within this capability:
- HV & LV Electrical Design & Drafting;
- Protection Coordination Studies;
- Earthing Designs;
- Safety System Design & Verification;
- Communications & Network Architecture Services;
- Risk Assessment & HAZOPs;
- Design Drafting & 3D Modelling;
- Construction Management/Supervision; and
- Equipment specification & Selection for the below:
- Ex d flameproof enclosures
- Ex e increased safety equipment
- Ex i intrinsically safe electrical equipment
- Ex n non-sparking equipment
- Ex tD protection by enclosure (dust).